My boyfriend broke up with me after 2,5 years, he says that he loves me but he w

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image49
    little89posted 13 years ago

My boyfriend broke up with me after 2,5 years, he says that he loves me but he wants to move on.

and when I asked him 2 or 3 times do we still have a chance he is just saying that he dont know and he cant promise me anything. but i think that he wants just time to be alone because since we broke up he is just hanging out with new male friends he met at the college drinking beer and similar stuff. (other girls are not involved) btw. we lived together but the last 3 months we were in a long distance realotionship.  and he is a person who never was emotional bonded to anyone except me not even with his family or a friend.I was the only one in his life who knows everything about him.

2. profile image51
    jmitchellsdgposted 13 years ago

Dear little89,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I know this can be very traumatic. The best advice I can give you is that whatever it is he needs, it's up to him to find it. As women, we naturally analyze and try to help. We can even be maternal to our men. When it hits this point, it's best to take care of yourself. One of my childhood friends said to me during her divorce, "if he's thinking of him and I'm thinking of him, who's thinking of me?" I laughed and have heard her words in my head over and over again.

It's so true. It sounds like your doing what the rest of us have done. Your normal and there's nothing wrong with you. I've found the best way to handle this is by setting up goals for yourself. Try not to think about what he needs. That's what he's doing. Find things for you. I went a step further and decided to splurge on an hour massage. Let me tell you, no matter what happens, you will never regret that massage!

Putting yourself first isn't just good for you, it's good for him too. It's important to be strong for yourself so that if he does need you (I'm sure you'll be there) you can have the strength you and he both need. If for any reason he does not come back, at least you have set the stage for yourself to move on.

I wish you the best of luck and truly hope you at least get that massage! smile

3. arthurchappell profile image45
    arthurchappellposted 13 years ago

his claim to continuing love and need to seperate are mutually exclusive - it is one or the other -  he may feel a need to be alone but to break with you entirely forces you into similar isolation. It may be best to accept he is gone and make it clear to him that coming back isn't an option - then move on yourself - good luck whatever you choose to do

4. philirodje profile image59
    philirodjeposted 13 years ago

Wow, this touchy.
    Anyhow, this is real life my dear, my little advice is that you try and find out why he wants to be alone. Ask yourself this question is there anything you have been doing that he doesn't approve of and you still keep doing it, stuffs that you cannot help but he doesn't like them. if you are sure there is nothing of such nature, then find out what is happening in his life. You need patient to be able to do that so i would say just keep your cool do your best and pray if you really love him and want him back.
    You can never tell though. what you may find out may really hurt you.

5. Lisa Paule profile image58
    Lisa Pauleposted 13 years ago

i am also sorry to hear about your break up. It is extremely traumatic to get over a break up so you need to give yourself some time to process everything that is going on. Our first instinct after a relationship fails is to try and win our ex back, and this can be the the worst you can do under the circumstance. its a cliche but its true, if you love someone let them go. If they come back to you they will be yours forever. if they do not come back they were never yours to begin with.

so let him go, give him a chance to miss you, and h might actually come back.

6. profile image49
    little89posted 13 years ago

thank you for your answers!
    it`s been 2 weeks since we broke up and all I know is that I love him and that I want him back. He was my first real bf and  I was his first real gf. I really want that he comes back to me after he is done with whatever he needs to do (spending time on his own, with the guys....) I hope that he will realize that he miss in a while....and if dont, well I hope I can force myself  to stop loving him if he doesnt change his mind in a cuople of weeks or months....

7. profile image57
    Deex2posted 13 years ago

So what is your question?

Your ex may love you but not be in-love with you anymore.  You should stop checking up on him and worrying about what he is or isn't doing and with whom, all you are going to do is drive yourself nuts.

8. Vera Morgan profile image52
    Vera Morganposted 9 years ago

I have just found the right one and the greatest spell caster on earth who has brought back my happiness and turned my world around by helping me get my ex partner and helped me get back my life cause i was totally frustrated after 6years of hardship and pain, a friend of mine buzz me on my email saying i should cheer up cause solution has come. At first i was like what are you saying, then she mentioned the name ‘EBOEHI’ and i must thank my savior Great DR EBOEHI who has play a very vital part of my life making me a great person and the most happiest person today you are a great man who is bless by powers with traditional healing spell caster, after Great DR EBOEHI has help me get my ex back he also help me recover what i have lost in past years i must thank him (Great DR EBOEHI) the life he has restored back for me and my happiness. Now i am doing well in my work and also with my partner, Great DR EBOEHI is a very great spell caster you need to know just meet him and with your problem and it will be over.. Email him via: (supernaturalspelltemple@gmail.com)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)