jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What are the causing factors of broken relationship?

1. Van Lal Hmangaih profile image78
    Van Lal Hmangaihposted 6 years ago

What are the causing factors of broken relationship?

What things can easily cause problems in the the relationship?

2. FaithDream profile image77
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

There are many reasons relationships fall apart. Many times it is a breakdown of trust or communication. Misunderstandings and unforgiveness can rip a relationship apart and sometimes it is pride or jealousy.
    People bring all sorts of baggage from their past into relationships, and sometimes those things get in the way from working things out.
    Good question.

3. yiasa profile image60
    yiasaposted 6 years ago

I guess the reality which they were ignore of because of their blind love.

4. noyon_ku profile image58
    noyon_kuposted 6 years ago

I think the communication gap by ignoring.

5. ThunderKeys profile image65
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

The primary causal factors leading to relationship breakup are unmet core-relationship needs. When couple's don't learn how to effectively communicate and meet each others needs in the relationship, there is often a deep sense of hurt and anger.

These negative feelings in turn lead to communication patterns characterized by criticism-defense cycles, that over time lead to stonewalling (shutdown) and even relational-contempt. These coercive communication styles have been scientifically proven to predict relationship failure and divorce in married couples. Emotionalized criticism in a relationship often disguises the unexpressed, and thus, unmet core-relationship need. The reverse, effective communication, is also true.

6. Taleb80 profile image84
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

1- Missing same target or having conflicting targets.
    2- Misunderstanding & communication dificulties.
    3- Outside people who feel jealousy (so don't help them by telling them your relationship secrets like your partner's bad behaviours).
    4- lying.
    5- Selfishness.

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Selecting the wrong mate!

Most relationships come about by happenstance or impulsive decisions. Very few people do any sigificant introspective thinking when it comes finding love and romance.
    What ends up happening is they try and fit square pegs into round holes or change water into wine after they have become emotionally invested in someone who was not right for them to begin with!

You have to know who you are, what you want, and what you desire in a life mate. Once you have that down you can seek out another person who wants the same things you do and agrees with you as to how to acheive those things. (Both people have to want the same things in the same way). If one person always wants to go right and the other wants to go left then you're not going to see "forever after" together.

8. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 6 years ago

well, there are many factors that could cause broken relationship but i think the father of all is dishonesty. see, when one is dishonest there is no evil he cannot commit.

9. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

If there is no trust in the relationship, I feel there is no relationship. Cheating, lying, loss of love, can break up a relationship.

10. Ms.Wakeelah profile image67
    Ms.Wakeelahposted 6 years ago

I think it can be several things:

Breakdown in communication
    Loss of trust
    Cheating
    Dishonesty
    Not being on the same page

11. profile image0
    bhaveshpatel03posted 6 years ago

Mainly hurtful words and lack of trust in others.

working