jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does the pain of betrayal and separation ever go?

1. AngelTrader profile image60
    AngelTraderposted 7 years ago

Does the pain of betrayal and separation ever go?

It has been a long time and I still feel such deep pain, despite my best efforts to sort myself out. Every time I drop my kids off I cry, every time...not in front of them but when I am alone again. Am I weak?

2. mike6181 profile image60
    mike6181posted 7 years ago

The pain departs when you realize you are a person of worth and value who does not need someone to fill your cup to keep you fuil.  You need your affirmation more than anyone else's.  That's with one exceoption:  It is so much easier to value *you* when you realize that God knows your outcome.  You will be like Christ.  You will be perfected (completed) by what you have gone through, not destroyed.

3. profile image0
    just a womanposted 7 years ago

Just reread the answer above smile its awsome!!!

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Yes, the pain will lessen, then finally go if you are willing to let it.  It will take time, getting involved in your life, being present in your life and reaching out.  Time heals a lot of the pain but you do have to be proactive in the healing process.

You are not weak, just caught in a kind of loop.  You need to accept that it is over, even if that is not what you want.  Try to move on to something new, a new hobby, a new group meeting.  Don't give up, it will happen.

5. profile image0
    Jussara Scottonposted 7 years ago

No, you are not weak, suffering is part of the separation process, if there is no pain at all, then there was also no commitment. Some suffer more than others, but all should feel the end of a relationship.

If the pain ever goes? Yes, but you need to let that happen.

I wrote a hub about it, if you like, take a look:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Suffering-is-necessary

working