jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is ftw ?

1. phillip goodson profile image60
    phillip goodsonposted 7 years ago

What is ftw ?

2. Dovay Lee profile image36
    Dovay Leeposted 7 years ago

It is short for Free trade Wharf. I am not 100% sure about it. Hope it can help you a little.Good luck

3. LeeWalls profile image60
    LeeWallsposted 7 years ago

I think you should google that and find out.

4. LeisureLife profile image71
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

Well, not to be the bearer of bad news, but I am 19 years old, and from what I know, "ftw" stands for "for the win".  It is a typical online abbreviation...

For example:

Let's say you are rooting for the home team...you would say...
    THE HOMETEAM FTW !!! smile

5. profile image57
    TajSinghposted 7 years ago

It used as an internet slang "for those wondering" or "for the win". There's also a biker slogan which is "forever two wheels". And it also has a negative meaning.

6. DaNoblest profile image60
    DaNoblestposted 7 years ago

The most common use I have seen with ftw is for the win. Alternately ftl would be for the loss.

7. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

The most times i have come acoss the abbrivation is usually 'For The Win' but if it has another meaning,i know it not.......but suggest you to still google it

8. windresistant profile image56
    windresistantposted 7 years ago

I'm honestly surprised that some people gave the answers they did, but as far as I know it stands for "for the win".

9. maria.rose profile image37
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

FTW today commonly stands for "For the Win". It is an expression of enthusiasm. "FTW" is the same as saying "this is the best" or "this item will make a big difference, I recommend using it".

10. profile image47
    shellyo38posted 5 years ago

FTW jailhouse tatts are usually common in saying F**K the world

working