jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When getting married should a couple share all the finances or have seperate acc

1. Melissa.P profile image59
    Melissa.Pposted 6 years ago

When getting married should a couple share all the finances or have seperate accounts?

2. profile image0
    Jussara Scottonposted 6 years ago

Depends. Some couples can deal well with joint accounts, others not much. The best way to find out is by talking with your partner to learn more about his/her financial profile and see if you can live with that. If share all the finances becomes a reason for discussions you better find another solution.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think you can go either way on it, as long as both agree.  The best thing to do once engaged is to sit down and go over each other's finances and decide before marriage how to handle the money.

It is too easy to assume that you know what your new husband/wife will want to do and you just might be surprised.  Talk talk talk.

4. nybride710 profile image59
    nybride710posted 6 years ago

I'm in my second marriage and I've done it both ways.  I prefer having our accounts together.  To me, it brings a sense of "oneness" where having separate accounts with my first husband made me feel like we were roommates.

working