jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)

What brings you joy? Fires your soul? Makes you feel alive?

1. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

What brings you joy?  Fires your soul?  Makes you feel alive?

What is your zest in life?

2. downpourofwords profile image40
    downpourofwordsposted 6 years ago

Watching inspirational movies, writing and being appreciated, traveling to exotic places, driving my 6 engine car etc etc

3. tnderhrt23 profile image74
    tnderhrt23posted 6 years ago

There are many things that fire my soul and bring me joy...writing, music, art, taking pictures, creating, my 7 yr old grandson, animals and nature, Faith in God, miracles, performing on stage, love.

4. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Adventuring and trying new things. And of course trusting the universe enough to let people in.

5. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

I feel more alive when my children or grandchildren have something to smile about, those smiles are priceless (worth more than gold).

I must say though, I am a push over for compliments.  When I am complimented or my work is complimented, I get that wind under my wings, feeling.

6. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

I am Alpha and I am Omega. The first and the last. The beginning and the end.

7. Monisajda profile image72
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

MUSIC, art, nature, ocean. I love to sit by the ocean and meditate.

8. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Not to be a downer, but it has been a very long time since I felt any zest in life.

9. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

My joy is traveling around the world meeting different people and learning about their style of living. It is through communication with them and knowing their culture has injected my soul alive.

When you listen to them and sometimes their frustration, you will realize that you may have better joy in life. We tend to feel that our lives are no better than anyone's else but when you travel and seeing what is going on else where, you will discover that the joy we are receiving is making us alive.

I love the experience of seeing things differently and it makes me feel alive.

10. rob_allen profile image84
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

My girlfriend, music, food, martial arts, jogging every moment, sex. smile

BTW, you can read my hub. http://hubpages.com/hub/Six-Steamy-Role … -Love-Life

11. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

watching the birds in early morning in the garden through the office window, along with a great cup of coffee, and Jeff & Jer on the net radio.

12. Variety Writer profile image59
    Variety Writerposted 6 years ago

Giving to others brings me joy. Doing random acts bring me joy. Love makes me feel alive.

13. Ranzi profile image82
    Ranziposted 6 years ago

Travelling, good health, my family and friends and of course writing.

14. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

My then anything my fiance makes me feel alive. The feeling that I get when we are together is electric. He fires my soul, hes the water to my glass.

15. LittlePayday profile image58
    LittlePaydayposted 6 years ago

Seeing others happy brings me joy, the relationships I form with others (friends, family, etc) also bring me joy.

16. curiousx profile image60
    curiousxposted 6 years ago

When I really figure out what I want..

Some times I crib for things unnecessary and get stressed over a lot of problems. Those are the most difficult moments for me. Then, I will try to come away from all that into a different world - like going to a new place or going for a walk/run, etc. Then slowly I realize that I detached from all the problems, and then I will start to feel that they are not problems at all. At that moment, I realize joy in me for I am ready to give a damn to all of it and move away. Then I slowly realize what I really need and that fires my soul. I remember all the instances from my past that make me proud and it makes me feel so alive!! This is pretty repetitive with me, but helps me a lot!!

17. lcbenefield profile image78
    lcbenefieldposted 6 years ago

Following my God, the Creator of all, the Father and the Son.

Loving my husband.

Serving others and making their lives better.

Creating.  Crocheting.  Sewing.  Painting.  Cooking.  Writing.  Singing.

18. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

travelling, spending time with my love and going to beach

19. CreamT0632 profile image57
    CreamT0632posted 6 years ago

love and sex.. these were the coolest things i've known1

20. Eric Prado profile image76
    Eric Pradoposted 6 years ago

A multitude of things do this, but specifically, the elements (earth, air, fire, water), music, animals, and just being alive. Realizing and remembering all I have achieved and who I have become.

working