jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Did you ever end an unhappy relationship?

1. Mansi2512 profile image67
    Mansi2512posted 6 years ago

Did you ever end an unhappy relationship?

Did you ever end an unhappy relationship, not bothering about what others think and being a little selfish? Or did you just go around thinking it shall all be alright soon? Did you have the confidence to move on after a break-up?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5263539_f260.jpg

2. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

one thing about me is that i never stayed with someone who didn't make me happy. call me selfish or whatever but i new that sooner or later i'd find the woman for me and low-and-behold i did.

3. clintonb profile image59
    clintonbposted 6 years ago

Yes I have. It is very much required to move away from wrong people in order to be with the right ones.

4. Jenny_Leigh profile image74
    Jenny_Leighposted 6 years ago

Each relationship that I ended were ones that I wasn't happy in for whatever reason.  It might of been something as simple as we didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things, or we may had fought a lot.  I even ended up dating someone who cheated on me (I def wasn't happy with that!).  If you are in a fairly new relationship, then it would be best to end things.  If you aren't happy now, you probably won't be happy 10 years from now.  You could find someone so much more suited for you...someone to make you so much happier.  If it's a marriage, kids are involved, or something like that, then I would try and work it out first.  Maybe see a relationship counselor or something.

5. Jennie Demario profile image39
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

good question.  I think everyone feels like if you hang around for awhile it may turn around and things may get better.  But the truth is, the longer you stick around the harder it is to get out of the relationship.  Sometimes the right decisions isn't always the easy one.

6. Mansi2512 profile image67
    Mansi2512posted 6 years ago

@Jennie- I have to agree to this very much. The more you try to make it work, the more serious and difficult it gets to get out of the unhappy relationship.

@Jenny- That is very much true. You arent ever gonna be happy if you dont take the right decisions. Whats the point then? Being single sometimes sounds so much better.

7. fjpteach profile image60
    fjpteachposted 5 years ago

Yes I did, about little over a year ago.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I thought we were meant to be together, but the closer we got to getting married, the worse our relationship got.  I am currently working on me and building myself up again. Let me tell you, it is not easy.  I honestly have not had the confidence to put myself back out there and am just praying that God will send me the right one next time.  I suggest that listen to your intuition and let it guide you in whether or not to stick around.  Also, find out how the people around you feel about that person. Ask those that you trust to tell you how they REALLY feel. Often times we are looking at this person through rose colored glasses and we fail to see who they really are.  This was the final step I took and the one which solidified that he was not the one for me.

working