jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Could you be in love with somebody you never met?

1. Aero2505 profile image54
    Aero2505posted 6 years ago

Could you be in love with somebody you never met?

I like a guy that I've talked to once on facebook. But when I did your crush thing, it didn't turn out as a crush. So am I just a psycho?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

It depends on how old you are.
    Being a teenager with a crush is fairly normal.
    Going over the deep end  with someone you only "talked to once on facebook" while in your 20s, 30s, 40s and beyond should be a cause worry.

Having said that there have been numerous couples who have carried on "emotional relationships" online as well  as in times before there was the internet or telephones. Those were the days of pen pals and love letters.

As we mature we gain wisdom and learn to hold back emotionally until we truly get to know someone. The only way that really happens is by spending time together.

3. lzlpio90 profile image81
    lzlpio90posted 6 years ago

can i ask you?how old are you? i have been in that situation too.. i like someone i havent met yet and thought i was in love, only to find it in the end its just stupidity. it's only a mere crush feeling, not intense as love...

4. Smart is Good profile image61
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

No, you can't period. But you can be INFATUATED with the IDEA of that someone. Love develops with emotional and physical intimacy. With trust and real life actions. If this is someone you've met online, then it's just infatuation. There's no way in hell that it is real love, although you might feel like it is.

5. Le_connaisseur profile image60
    Le_connaisseurposted 6 years ago

NO. What is your definition of love? You need to recheck it.

working