jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you had a relationship with someone you met online?

1. aspiretoinspire profile image59
    aspiretoinspireposted 5 years ago

Have you had a relationship with someone you met online?

If so, how did it go?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, but not a romantic one.  Years ago I met a man in a chat room on Compuserve.  We kept in touch for many years sharing our family stories etc.  We even wrote about a half a novel together in rounds.  We both got busy, moved etc, so we are still in touch but not writing together at this time. He's a wonderful guy, and very talented with a wonderful family.  And we've never met.

I also belong to a group on Sparkpeople.  There are 4 of us that post every day, sometimes more often and have been together for over 5 years - feel as though we are friends but have never met.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Absolutely! One relationship lasted for 7 years. It's now how you meet but whom you meet that counts!

4. profile image0
    NikiiLeeReyesposted 5 years ago

yes I have honestly, nothing to be ashamed of. Though none of them worked out-- lol, it was lovely. Getting to really know a person--- how they think, what they're thinking. I don't regret none of the people I've met via online dating--in fact, we're actually good friends. For the friendships we found in each-other-- we knew couldn't be found anywhere else. I met someone now, although the situation is weird; I do really enjoy conversing with him. smile -- er, Im rambling so sorry. But,  Yes, yes I have had a relationship with someone  I met online.

5. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I have never been on an online relationship, but my best friend has. She ended up marrying the guy and is living happly .....

6. michememe profile image78
    michememeposted 5 years ago

I totally did. It went well, we dated for a year. In the later months, he begin to become insecure. It was driving me crazy. I had to let him go. We have remained great friends.

7. profile image0
    detroitmareposted 5 years ago

No, not in person.  Geography usually plays a big part in who we are able to have face to face relationships with, but my car does get really good mileage.

8. alexatomas profile image67
    alexatomasposted 5 years ago

Yes. We've been dating for almost 10 months. Met online 1 year ago or so. It has been great smile

working