jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it good to receive gifts from ex lover now that you are married?

1. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 6 years ago

Is it good to receive gifts from ex lover now that you are married?

some married Men and Women still do some of these little stuffs that could cause real big issues.

2. john-vegan profile image55
    john-veganposted 6 years ago

It depends upon your mentality..If you think its good to do then you should have no problem with this and if you think its not being comfortable to do it just don't do it....

If you ask question for you i will suggest you not to do that...Because i can guess you are not being comfortable

3. Eric Winship profile image58
    Eric Winshipposted 6 years ago

The answer depends on a lot of variables.  If you are really close friends with your ex and your new partner understands this then I would say yes, its okay.  In order for this to work though, there have to be strong communication lines open between the new couple.  There has to be trust and understanding between both parties and the gift has to be appropriate. 

Now if an estranged ex all the sudden shows up and hands over a gift, then the gift should probably be rejected.  At minimum if it is received, the new partner needs to be told immediately.

4. Mcham Law profile image58
    Mcham Lawposted 6 years ago

bad idea. no matter what it will cause suspicion and seems a little odd.

5. cejae profile image59
    cejaeposted 6 years ago

only if you share them with your spouse

6. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

What would be the purpose of exchanging gifts with an ex? Especially if it is being done in (Secret). Not many wives would want their husbands sending flowers to an ex for her birthday and not many husbands would want their wives recieving flowers or gifts from her ex. Gifts are usually reserved for people we care about. An ex should have his/her special person to exchange gifts with. The money in a couple's household belongs in their household. Unless a couple "agree" openly they both are going to be exchanging gifts with their exes there is real chance resentment will become a factor in the marriage especially as the cost of the gifts rise.

7. Ayse profile image58
    Ayseposted 6 years ago

NEVER...is my short and probably only answer!

smile

8. vjwillisjr profile image58
    vjwillisjrposted 6 years ago

If I was in that position, I would send the gift back with a note saying that it is not appropriate for us to be giving or receiving gifts. He (or she) should move on.

working