jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever just woke up one day and missed someone so much?

1. iloveglee83 profile image61
    iloveglee83posted 6 years ago

Have you ever just woke up one day and missed someone so much?

Well today is my birthday and I woke up sad, Not because I'm older, I could care less about that, but because I miss alot of people in my life. Like My grandma who passed away in Jan of 2010, my cousin who passed away in December 2010, all my friends who live in other states, and my family memebers in Flordia. So today all I wanna do is cry. Has anyone else ever had those days?

2. profile image0
    september girlposted 6 years ago

Yes, many times over, iloveglee83!  'Happy Birthday!'...by the way. I totally miss my grandparents too, especially my grandpa...my Momma's dad.  He was a wonderful, gifted and quiet man.  He won my heart when I was just a young girl. There have been very few out there like him. I hope you feel better soon...it's no fun to cry and especially on ones birth day.

3. michelemacwrites profile image80
    michelemacwritesposted 6 years ago

First of all Iloveglee83,"Happy Birthday to you and may you be blessed beyond compare and may all your wishes come true!"  That out of the way, yes I have had those days.  I was born on an island and have been living here now for many years.  Ever so often, I miss my family and friends overseas and usually not a day goes by without grieving the loss of my mama, though she has been gone now for about 23 years.  Having these feelings show that you are in touch with your  emotions  and that you truly love the ones you miss.  Crying is therapeutic and ever so cleansing.  I am here for you.  Be strong !!

4. Jeannieinabottle profile image93
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I am sorry you are sad on your birthday.  Sometimes my birthday makes me sad, too.  I hope the day has improved for you and you have a very happy birthday!

I do know what you mean.  I miss my uncles, my aunt, and my grandparents that have passed away.  Sometimes I will dream about one or more of them, and it makes me miss them when I wake up in the morning.  Also, sometimes I see something or hear something that makes me think of them, and it is very difficult.  Please stay strong and remember your family members would want you to be happy, especially on your birthday.

5. Majadez profile image77
    Majadezposted 6 years ago

Happy birthday to you! wink
    I don't know how meaningful that is now because of how you feel but I hope that your missing people turns into the gift of seeing them soon.

Yes, I felt that for the first time this year.  Although it's a horrible feeling and you can't explain it, it also means that you still have a strong connection to those people.  It's good to have those connections even if you are far apart for the time being.

6. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

Happy birthday, yes it happens to me to miss my old life, my family and friends. I live on another continents. The thing is get out there and meet some new people. Make it a point to enjoy the moment, stay safe and appreciate your surroundings, because anywhere you are to can go forward in your life. You have so much love you need to share.
    As long as we dwell too much in the past, it is hard to enjoy the present and create the future. So, get on the train and enjoy the ride.
    Happy birthday to you, may this year be a new beginning for you. Light, love and peace be with you.

working