jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever missed the chance to say goodbye?

1. JDeAngelis profile image61
    JDeAngelisposted 6 years ago

Have you ever missed the chance to say goodbye?

Has there been a time where someone has left your life or passed away and you never got the chance to say goodbye?

2. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

I missed the chance with my father. He passed away before I could get to the hospital. It has been difficult, sometimes, dealing with the guilt. Recently a very good friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He has been given three months to live and I know I can not let history repeat itself. I will see and talk to him before it is too late.

3. The Bucket Lister profile image62
    The Bucket Listerposted 6 years ago

Three times in the past 5 years, which is way too many times. It's a good lesson to not leave on bad terms with those you love, you never know, it may be the last time you see them.

4. MellyMoo profile image61
    MellyMooposted 6 years ago

Yes ... my grandad was like my best friend and became very sick.  I was waiting for a house to sell so that I had money to go to NZ to see him.  I spoke to him on my daughter's birthday and told him it won't be long now and I'd be there.  He told me not to rush.  5 days later he was gone.  It was so devastating.

5. Variety Writer profile image61
    Variety Writerposted 6 years ago

Yes, will several people that have died. However, I also have missed (many times) the chance to say "hello" to someone.

6. lovelife08 profile image61
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

Yes.  Last year, my great grandfather passed away without much notice, and I never knew he was sick until it was too late.  He had always been perfectly healthy.  I hadn't seen him for several months prior, and I really wish someone had said something to be about him being ill so I could have at least visited.  None of us knew he wasn't going to make it of course, but it would have been nice to let him know that I hoped he felt better soon.

7. Freegoldman profile image37
    Freegoldmanposted 6 years ago

Yes i have missed a very special chance to say a late goodbye to my Soulmate.Though I never wanted to say her so bt ultimately I realized should have.

8. truthfornow profile image82
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

Yes.  Right before hurricane Katrina.   At the time, I did not know it was the last time I would see some of them.

9. dipsmi profile image73
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

yes..my grandfather...he died the day i was suppose to read the articles on his favourite magazine...i will always live with this guilt...i could had read the articles to him a day before