jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever had a frightful dream that woke you up in the middle of the night?

1. LensMan999 profile image53
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Have you ever had a frightful dream that woke you up in the middle of the night?

What was it? Try to share it with me.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8134274_f260.jpg

2. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
    TheRaptorClawposted 4 years ago

I can't remember what exactly my dream was about. All I remember was that I was running away from something. I didn't wake up out of the dream until I ran into the wall. This happened to me for a week straight. Same dream, me running away from something and wouldn't wake up until I ran into the door or wall and sometimes I would wake up on the floor after busting my head against the wall. I actually broke a handle when I was sleep walking/running.

3. d.william profile image62
    d.williamposted 4 years ago

this is a common phenomenon amongst humans.  I don't believe there is anyone who can say this has never happened to them.  If they do, they are simply denying the fact, or their minds have discarded it as superfluous to their life.
    Mine is always the same - being lost in some big city with no money or ID in my pocket and forgetting where i live, where i parked my car, and how i got to this city surrounded by thugs who only mean to do bodily harm. 
    It supposedly is a warning to be wary of people who are trying to hurt you in some way.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Yes, many times but I usually forget the dream in a day or two. One that stayed with me was when my children were very young.  I dreamed the house was on fire and we were safely outside watching the devastating fire.

As we stood there my oldest daughter, then 3 stepped forward and a sink hole in the ground opened up and she fell in. I screamed, absolutely panicked and woke up.

I can still remember how I felt which is unusual.

I think it symbolized my constant fear of losing one of my children.

1. d.william profile image62
      d.williamposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow. now that is what i call a true nightmare.  How horrible.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Yes. A few nightmares used to wake me once a year or so. Luckily, I haven't had any lately. Now it's the cats to interrupt my sleep habits.

6. getitrite profile image79
    getitriteposted 4 years ago

I have been affected by sleep paralysis, on and off, throughout my life.  I have had too many episodes of frightful dreams to mention here.  I actually wrote hubs about a couple of them.

7. maverickmonk profile image67
    maverickmonkposted 4 years ago

yes i did, had a dream that i was haunted by snakes

working