jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What the difference between an affair and a relationship?

1. brendasartgallery profile image60
    brendasartgalleryposted 6 years ago

What the difference between an affair and a relationship?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I would say that an affair is anything that's intimate but not committed, but I know of people who have had affairs for years behind their spouse's back. So...I guess a relationship is when it's committed and it's either the only one, or both parties agree to any other intimate partners. An affair is either when it's not committed, or when it's behind the back of the person with whom you're purportedly in a relationship.

3. ruby63 profile image60
    ruby63posted 6 years ago

an affair is just something that happens and doesn't last.a relationship is something that two people share their thoughts feelings and ambitions,An affair usually is something that you know what you won't get the closeness that you feel in a relationship.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

An "affair" or "fling" is an intense physical romantic relationship with no long term objectives. In many ways it's related to what we now call "Friends with benefits" or "Booty Calls". (This type of "fling' or "affair" I'm referring to is between two single people)  This arrangement isn't intended to lead to wedding bells.

A lot of "affairs" take place because two people are either working closely together or someone is away from home in a new town, state, or country for an extended amount of time (month, Summer....etc). They meet a native and things take off. However when the assignment is finished both people go back to their previous lives.

Unfortunately the term "affair"  is also used for those who are in marriages but have sex outside of their marriage repeatedly with one or more other individuals. In fact in our modern times the word "affair" is now more assoicated with "cheating" than it is with single people having a "romantic fling" for a short time.

working