jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best gift anyone has ever given you, and why?

1. capricornrising profile image60
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

What is the best gift anyone has ever given you, and why?

2. Melissa-Chavez profile image60
    Melissa-Chavezposted 6 years ago

The best gift my parents gave me...The gift of life smile

3. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

I'd go with Melissa's answer... You can't find anything better than this...

4. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

Time and support - when someone finds the time to be there for me when I need them, not simply when it is convenient for me - and when they support me in my endeavors and through my hardships.

5. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I am one who truly appreciates gifts from the heart................

Can't knit or crochet...........go ahead, make me a sweater.

Can't cook......go ahead, I will eat your cake.

Any, ill made gift, intended for me......is far more valuable than a gift card, cash, or something you picked up at the mall.

The Best Gift..............

Maybe it was flowers brought to me, from my own garden, from a toddler.

Maybe, it was my dog, laying his head in my lap, while I cried my heart out on a San Antonio bus stop.

Maybe, it was my husband ( we had recently argued) calling me to see a spectacular sunset in the Kansas sky.  The shared view, healed us.

Maybe, it was my beloved Grandpa, telling me as a child, to learn to trust my own thinking.

Maybe, it was my Grandmother, who told me, that the road turns........and LA winds into Birmingham.

Maybe, it was the many among you, who have encouraged me and pushed me onward.

Perhaps, the greatest gift, is the gift of appreciation for the little things..........

6. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

My wife (to be) introduced herself to me when I moved with my family to a new neighbourhood. She was 14, I was 16. She gave me her heart, and I gave her mine. That was 47 years ago, and along with the shared gift of our children - not all my wife's work, I placed the orders after all..:-), my wife's love is the best gift that I've ever received.

Explaining the 'why' in your question exposes me to appearing even more 'schmaltzy', or worse, co-dependent...but I'll take the risk. She gives me reason to live.

(Lest you think this is all crap, I've previously written hubs that show otherwise..)

7. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

It is love that makes the world goes round. I used to travel miles just to make my love. Even though every single day is the longest journey but it is the best gift to my love.

So to my love, it is the best gift. Love is everlasting. Love is great!