jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does monogamy exist anymore?

1. perfectperception profile image60
    perfectperceptionposted 6 years ago

Does monogamy exist anymore?

I know women always say they are a one man woman but lately that seems to have faded and a lot are doing the same as guys; sleeping around.  Is there anyone left who truly believes in monogamy?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5870816_f260.jpg

2. prairieprincess profile image94
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

Who believes in monagamy? We do, we do! My husband and I definitely practice monogamy, and so do most of  our friends. Don't worry, monogamy is not dead!

3. Gregoryy profile image60
    Gregoryyposted 6 years ago

There are people who belive in monogamy,  but peer preasure, and enviorment can do alot to people. Sadly morals in society seem to be fading, and as people see their enviroment making it seem acceptable to not be monoomus, they follow the trend.

4. profile image36
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

NO,Thanf GOD. Variety Is The Spice of life!!

5. profile image0
    will345davisposted 6 years ago

I believe in monogamy completely. If I'm in a relationship then I put everything I have into that relationship. There really is no point in being with someone if you're just going to cheat. All it does is hurt the other person. If I wasn't in a relationship then I would have fun and do whatever it was that I felt like doing. Low morals are one of the biggest problems in the world, the root of almost all other problems.

6. profile image0
    Elaina Griniasposted 6 years ago

Yes it exists.  It just depends on the specific couple.  I personally would not be able to know my boyfriend was with someone else, but some people don't mind.  There are a lot of people that prefer an open relationship where they have more freedom.  I get super jealous so there is no way I could handle that, but some people can.  The main thing is that a couple needs to talk about what they want out of a relationship so nobody gets hurt.

The sad thing is that cheating does happen.  If you find out about it or not, it will hurt a healthy relationship.  If your bond is strong enough you can make it through it, it might even bring you two closer.  Nobody is perfect, and it can happen, but learn from it and don't let it happen again.  Trust is key!

7. cre8ivOne profile image76
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

Well,
    I think that we have seen many examples of marriage/couple collapse in the media with professional athletes and actors, politicans.  I have also heard of a decent number of people who go astray in my community too.

I do however think that there are a decent number of people who are good and decent people who are happily committed to each other.  I get tired of society making like it is okay to cheat. 

If people don't want to be committed to one person then I hope they decide not to be married.

8. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I think it does however it is a strong few that refuse to cheat in "committed" relationships. However, there are shining examples of people being fully committed for their entire marriage if you look. The key is to set the expectation for monogamy BEFORE committing to or having sex with anyone.

working