jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

At what age should a couple get married?

1. cafeteria profile image72
    cafeteriaposted 6 years ago

At what age should a couple get married?

2. kschimmel profile image46
    kschimmelposted 6 years ago

I vote for getting married in early twenties.  It worked for me (we were 21 and 22) and I'm still married after 27 years.  If you wait too long you get set in your ways and it gets harder to find someone.

3. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I think people should really consider waiting until after they are 24 years old. There are so many changes we make about ourselves and in our lives from our late teenage years and our early adulthood. We need to grow up, get things out of our system, and prepare ourselves to settle down first.

4. Sheila Lee profile image60
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

I think at the earliest would be mid twenties. And only if they have been together for a couple of years. That is when the honeymoon phase starts to dwindle and you can see the other person without rose colored glasses.

5. juiwei2000 profile image61
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

I vote for late thirties to early forties.  My cousin who is only two month older then me got married two years ago when he was 25.  Man, the idea of getting married at 25, the idea of getting married at 25 give me goose bumps.  My mum is nagging me to get married by the time I am thirty and I say to my mum "If I am married by the time I am thirty, please, shoot me in the head with a gun."

6. Nancy Owens profile image96
    Nancy Owensposted 6 years ago

I am with the rest of the gang on this one. early to mid 20s. Not that there is anything wrong with waiting until you are in your thirties or 40s. I'm just thinking about the timeline for having kids. If people take a year or two to settle into their marriage and work out the kinks and power struggles, then start on a family, it is probably best.