jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What do you think about people who are hopeless romantics?

1. JosieLee profile image78
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

What do you think about people who are hopeless romantics?

2. Sheila Lee profile image58
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

Define hopeless romantic. What is your definition?

3. KewlWriter profile image75
    KewlWriterposted 6 years ago

I used to be one, then realized fairy tales are for perfect princess not for ordinary folk. I guess better soon than never for some to realize. Of course I have witnessed rom-com movie endings in real life, just not with me.

4. xethonxq profile image66
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I think they are wonderful....sometimes a little sickening (particularly when I'm not in a loving mood), but overall they are great. I love it when people think so much of their partner that they would do anything to make them happy...just because.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

The biggest challenge for romantics is finding another "true romantic".
    The reason being is (everyone acts like a romantic) in the beginning of a "new relationship".
    It's not until after there has been an "emotional investment" or "commitment" that the romantic person realizes they are with someone who is NOT a "true romantic". Their mate was only "behaving" romantically to impress them or to win them over. It's not uncommon to hear someone say, "He/She is not the same person I fell in love with." Hopeless romantics run into a lot of "bait & switch" people who try to convince them it's (natural) to stop being romantic after getting to know each other. It's too bad for them their mates don't tell them right from the start, "I hope you know in one year to five years from now I won't saying and doing all these nice things for you. The only reason I'm trying to impress you is because I think you're hot!"

6. MelissaVsWorld profile image85
    MelissaVsWorldposted 6 years ago

The answer lies within the title; a hopeless romantic is hopeless. 

They are also very naive if they believe they will ever be truly happy and will find someone who feels about them in the same manner.

7. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 6 years ago

They're hopeless.

8. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

Love 'em. Should be more people thinking, feeling, behaving this way.

It's not like we don't have enough sour-faced over-analytical, conditional-relationship types bent on criticising what they don't understand.

It's love, not bitchiness that makes the world a better place.

in my opinion...

9. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

I got a whole bunch of nick names for people like these, looser, lame ass, weak, emotional, pathetic, wierdo and freak.  (These nick name are for man of this type only: cinderella, snow white, girly man, cindy, tiffinay, susan, jenny, sleeping beauty, Rapunzho, Little Red Ridding Hood, Lisa and Mary)

10. Godzangel profile image59
    Godzangelposted 6 years ago

Hopeless romantics are good people. They just want to be loved and they want someone to love. It can be a problem if the hopeless romantic has mental issues that would put them in the category of a stalker or potential attacker.  Hopeless romantics remind people of chivalry and genuine interest in someone not just some reality show generated love that has a shelf life of one season.

11. mathira profile image84
    mathiraposted 6 years ago

It is no use being romantic without making any efforts to sustain your love.

working