jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How did you know when you found your forever life partner?

1. kingmaxler profile image60
    kingmaxlerposted 6 years ago

How did you know when you found your forever life partner?

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

We knew the instant he held me in his arms the day we met. A feeling of overwhelming love that dismissed all my fears washed over me, and still does anytime I think of him, or I'm near him, or in his arms. I can feel the infinity of our love constantly. It's feels like finally my soul has come home. My soul is at peace. It's almost indescribable.

3. duffsmom profile image58
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

When my husband and were dating and decided to marry, I felt a physical pain when he had to go home.  We could hardly stand to be separated from each other.  Been married 41yrs and still feel the same way.

Your forever life partner will be someone who puts your welfare and happiness above his own.  And vice versa.

4. LucidWarrior profile image60
    LucidWarriorposted 6 years ago

That assumes everyone has found there forever life partner. It is not often you meet someone who can say they are with their forever life partner. I for one have yet to find mine. I was married for 10 years and have experienced several long term relationships but none fit the category of forever life partner, or soul mate. Here's hoping she is still out there.

5. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

I let my love-at-first-sight go (seemed logical at the time due to life circumstances) and I will never forgo passion in a relationship again. Lesson learned.

6. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

When you find that one person that you can tell them anything and not be ashamed, thats when you know you've found your partner

7. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 6 years ago

Tough question to answer, trying to pinpoint something like feelings of the heart.  I just knew; it took me quite some time to act on it because of fear and hesitancy...and the fact that I was clinging to old behaviors...I loved the way my lover moved; I loved how she moved through life; I love her compassion and the wonder she found in all things.  I loved the way I smiled when I was with her and the fact that I was more full of life when she was around.  It took time but eventually I realized that if she left me I would be empty and missing all of those things and I couldn't let that happen.