jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If You Forgive, Can You Truly Forget?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

If You Forgive, Can You Truly Forget?

2. Eric Prado profile image75
    Eric Pradoposted 6 years ago

I have forgiven all who have hurt me, but I never forget. I remember so I never let it happen again.

3. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

When someone has hurt me deeply. I can forgive that person. If it is a serious misdeed. it may be difficult to forget. The important thing is to forgive to free yourself from the pain and get on with your life.

4. ajayshah2005 profile image56
    ajayshah2005posted 6 years ago

I don't think that i will truly forget but i will try to forget as a bad dream...

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

Forgivenss isnt about forgetting I forgive others because I dont want to harbor negitave feelings or restenment towards them. Just because you forgive someone dosent make what they did to you ok it simply means your not allowing yourslef to rid your heart with haterd for them.

6. Joyfreak profile image69
    Joyfreakposted 6 years ago

When somebody hurts me I can never forget, this is very bad part of my character. I will forgive that person but from the smallest thing I'll get reminded that someday ago they hurt me. I think it is connected to my sense of pride

7. LauFrances profile image59
    LauFrancesposted 6 years ago

If you forgive properly then I suppose yes but I think forgetting in this sense is different to not remembering it's more, getting over the hurt, moving on and not holding a grudge.

8. CorinneCanada profile image60
    CorinneCanadaposted 6 years ago

You can still remember the episode but with a peaceful heart

9. inevitablesecrets profile image73
    inevitablesecretsposted 6 years ago

I don't forget but I don't bring it up and hold it over peoples heads either because that's not fair

working