jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has Disney painted a false "American Dream"?

1. BeTheMessage1 profile image76
    BeTheMessage1posted 6 years ago

Has Disney painted a false "American Dream"?

Come on....You know you have thought about it. Everything from Cinderella to Tangled has influenced how society thinks there life should end up. The expectations placed on a man who is ..lets say "romantically challenged" has done nothing but increase the sales of flowers, chocolate, and counseling.
    Just as daunting is the task of meeting the demands of being the perfect woman. Think about it...is there one "happily ever after story" that does not clean? Is their any that have an overweight woman as the princess.
    Then to really throw a wrench in ......think about the LGBT population. o.O

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6230533_f260.jpg

2. pingthis2012 profile image58
    pingthis2012posted 6 years ago

I agree 110%  with this post! In fact, I just made a hob discussing the effects that television has on us!

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Well, you said it all. I agree.

4. BeTheMessage1 profile image76
    BeTheMessage1posted 6 years ago

Yeah your right. I should have not "ranted" so much. I am anxious to get some other genders thoughts about this.

5. Agantum profile image60
    Agantumposted 6 years ago

I take it that you use 'disney' to include content from other studios and television as well.  Of course 'disney' has painted a false dream.  All dreams are false or they would be real.  I also think it is wrong for it to be the LGBT when it should be the LHBT.
      I like the word gay the way it used to be, my grandmother could be gay, or children could be gay, but now everyones mental imagary is all screwed up with a phrase like that.  If you think that disney is shaping life through the selective use of images and words, then that is not much different to the homosexual community in using the word gay in the select manner that prevents it being accessible to all people.
      If you are going to shorten your words to a single letter anyway, why not use the word designed for the task and just shorten homosexual to an H?
    Whats the matter with being a homosexual anyway?

working