jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can someone live with themselves when they have done more harm than good?

1. Kenna McHugh profile image87
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

How can someone live with themselves when they have done more harm than good?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

The truth is that you cannot absolutely say done more harm than good..Who is judging? Which lifetime? As very few people can look back into their past lives, then we cannot tell. As long as there is breath, there is possibility for change.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

It's fairly difficult to determine what goes on inside any head but our own....but the way I see the answer to your question is to base it on hypothesis.   IF an individual has, in fact, caused more harm than good, over a period of time and has done this all quite knowingly and intentionally.....THEY ARE SIMPLY NOT THE "TYPE" OF HUMAN BEING WHO WOULD FEEL REMORSE OR REGRET. If you're a nasty sociopath AND/ OR greedy BASTARD, (which is a reasonable assumption of one intentionally destructive)......a conscience does not exist.  Therefore, they live with themselves just fine.    Examples?   Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, OJ Simpson, Drew Peterson, Bernie Madoff, Dick Cheney, C.E.O.'s of Major Corporations who bilk the public..........there are hundreds of thousands living quite well and hunky-dory doing a hell of a lot more HARM than good.   How?  They just DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING BUT, "I, ME, MINE, MINE MINE!!"

4. GoodLady profile image92
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

It's up to the person and their God.  It is not for us to judge. Sometimes people are very sick, sometimes they are in denial, gripped by demons so to speak. We have our own problems and personalities to deal with (none of us are saints!).
    And until we die, it is NEVER to late to say sorry to God, the world and ourselves, NEVER.

working