jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I've been having some worrying thoughts lately and that won't go away any sugges

1. profile image48
    mcbhubpages111111posted 5 years ago

I've been having some worrying thoughts lately and that won't go away any suggestions?

2. Eliminate Cancer profile image60
    Eliminate Cancerposted 5 years ago

Try to live in the moment.  Worry is always about the unknown, in the future.  It's not here yet.  Right here and now, if you think about it, you are okay.

A helpful book is Eckart Tolle's The Power of Now - I'm sure you can find it at the library.  It helps when you are worried about the future, or haunted by your past.  Wonderful book!!

3. zzron profile image58
    zzronposted 5 years ago
  4. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

Write them down on a piece of paper.  Write your fears/worries down and then burn the paper.  It might work.

5. razorblades profile image59
    razorbladesposted 5 years ago

It really is going to depend on what the worrying thoughts are.

If you are having worrying thoughts on somethings that are "fixable" look at your options and take the solution that suits your needs best.  Tackle what is worrying you head on.  If it is something beyond your control, look at all possible outcomes from best to worst, and see if it's really worth the worry!

However if you are having the kind of worrying thoughts the involve self harm, suicide or harm to others you need to seek professional help.  Your doctor or a local service can recommend someone who can give you all the support and guidance you need!

6. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6249089_f260.jpg

Is this free floating anxiety? If so then need to identify what's worrying you. Is this a ctastrophizing worry, fearing the worst anxiety? If so then realize that it is probably not as bad as you think.

Quit watching TV so much as this is part of the culture of fear in our society to incite fear in the general public to achieve political goals. And this is a election year. Could   ID free-floating fears by reading the book "The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things: Crime, Drugs, Minorities, Teen Moms, Killer Kids, Mutant Microbes, Plane Crashes, Road Rage, & So Much More"

Global warming is not denied but did you know that back in 1971 the fear was global cooling? Being constantly buffeted by conflicting information can cause distress. Sometimes need to have quiet time alone (without the phone!) with a walk or soothing music to regain enough composure think clearer.

7. profile image48
    mcbhubpages111111posted 5 years ago

yeah but i want this to go any other suggestions that will make it go the quickest way and not come back? help?

working