jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How would you deal with introverts?

1. paries profile image63
    pariesposted 6 years ago

How would you deal with introverts?

2. thegecko profile image80
    thegeckoposted 6 years ago

Don't talk to them big_smile

No, just kidding!

Just be aware that many introverts communicate a little differently than you (assuming you're an extrovert). Just because they don't chat all the time, engage in every conversation, directly approach new people etc does not mean they do not like hanging out or talking about different interests. They just listen more than tell. They enjoy the company of others, but probably prefer being with few friends rather than an entire village.

People often prejudge introverts as anti-social, rude, and exhibiting low self-esteem. All stereotypes like most labels!

Just remember that although introverts do not constantly express themselves openly, they're still like-minded individuals and they might even be more empathetic than most people you know. They just don't always go out of their way to express all their thoughts and emotions publicly smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Accept them the way they are. Once you know how someone is it's fairly easy to figure out how they like to be communicated with. An introvert probably prefers one on one conversations as oposed to a group discussion. They are usually real selective when it comes to befriending or trusting others. However most introverts tend to have a great sense of humor once you get to know them. They also will keep your secrets confidential.
    Bottom line: You have to meet people where they are. (mentally and physically) Most people are "comfortable" in their own skin. The last thing someone wants is having another person try to change them.

4. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

This is an odd question for me to reply to; I am an introvert by nature, I am just as happy "sitting under a tree by myself" as sharing in a group atmosphere. My life's path has set me up to go outside of myself to lead in my work, church group and family circle.

One of the most practical approaches to people such as myself is understanding that we see things in a whole different way and giving value to that mindset as a realistic state of being; instead of a handicap.

Try looking out from my view at extroverts; which can sometimes be disconcerting, yet I have learned to be patiently accepting of the "over the top antics" that should actually annoy me to no end. Wherever we are is a valid perspective; "love, patience and acceptance are stones on the pathway to understanding" Live life to the full where you are...Blessings:smile

5. WookieWonderfuls profile image61
    WookieWonderfulsposted 6 years ago

What a great question! I'm very much an extrovert and do find it difficult to have a conversation. I have absolutely nothing against introverts however. I think I probably get on their nerves somewhat as I love to talk :p

6. paries profile image63
    pariesposted 6 years ago

Thanks so much for all your wonderful answers! i really appreciate it. I'll keep all of these in mind as sometimes i forgot that I really need to understand my friend for being like that...