jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you really know if you are good at something?

1. leanneswackyworld profile image60
    leanneswackyworldposted 6 years ago

How do you really know if you are good at something?

My problem is I only have my friends to give opinions about my art work or something I make or my cooking. And I feel I am really not getting an honest opinion because they are my friends.

2. donnaisabella profile image78
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

Participate in a contest or seek the opinion of experts, otherwise take that your friends may be honest unless you all make it a point to be dishonest with one another. Otherwise, I understand completely why you would be asking that question.

3. iviskei profile image75
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

You could try submitting your works on public websites. Like art can be published on deviantart. As for cooking...well, if you like it what does it matter if others like it? ^_^

4. creativebutterfly profile image60
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

You know you are good when you feel you have done a great job.  Does not matter what other people think it is what you think.
    If you ask for opinions all the time to know something about yourself you will get so many answers you will not know what is right or wrong for you.

Look at your art and cooking when it is done - how does it feel deep inside for you.   That is your answer  smile

5. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

You know you are good at something when you are passionate about it, you enjoy doing it, and doing it comes natural for you.

6. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

If you can enter a contest or advertise your work on a a website or blog. Then you will get opinions from others who won't personally know you.

working