jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What does it take to be taken seriously by others?

1. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

What does it take to be taken seriously by others?

Different societies have different 'standards' in regards to 'accepting' what people say.  What are the key factors that relate to having others take you seriously?

2. profile image0
    mcals71posted 6 years ago

To me it's credibility. We achieve higher levels of credibility when we check and recheck our facts to make sure that they are accurate. I expect those who relay accurate facts to project a professional image both in the manner in which they write (free of spelling and grammar errors) and in their speaking demeanor. In other words, they must project a comfortable level of self confidence and a wealth of knowledge and information in their field of expertise as well as in other weighty matters surrounding their field of expertise. I would also test them on their truthfulness, objectivity and wisdom. They need to win my respect in order to be taken seriously by me. One such person that comes to mind is Dr. Brzezinski, the father of Morning Joe's co-host.

3. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

Every person should have a conviction or passion to do whatever they are most interested in. The 'laid back, easy going' Australian attitude that says 'just do whatever makes you happy' may well be the best thing generations of Australian parents have done for their children.

4. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 6 years ago

Honesty by all means is the only way people can take what you say seriously.  I would hope that most people are taken seriously when they speak unless of course they are joking around then that is different

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

Authenticity...
    People respect someone who is who they are without pretending to be more or less.

working