Why would his counselor say we are not suppose go to couples counseling

1. profile image51
    irish55posted 5 years ago

Why would his counselor say we are not suppose go to couples counseling

My ex live in boyfriend and I are trying to get back together, the problem is I cant bring up anything from the past without him flipping out and we get in a big fight and he calls it off.  We are both seeing counselors and mine says we need to go to couples counseling, and his counselor is tells him no way and they wont give me any time frame.  I keep telling him that we need to talk about the past issues so we can move on and not repeat them....what do I do? He keeps repeating the past mistakes and expects me to just accept that hes working on it!

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

You are the one who is repeating past mistakes, too, You're hanging onto this person who does not repect you, with whom you cannot have a normal conversation. And it seems like you cannot let go of the past. I think you need a lot more help, maybe another therapist. But ... hooray! ... you make a big step in seeking counseling--making that first move. That's the toughest part, right? Now at least you can talk constructively about your relationships. Remember, if your lover cannot treat you with the simple respect of a friend, then it's not worth it. I really wish you well.

working