jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

At what stage of a relationship is PDA (public displays of affection) acceptabl

1. JusticeluvJones profile image59
    JusticeluvJonesposted 6 years ago

At what stage  of a relationship is PDA (public displays of affection) acceptable?

when is it okay to show your love (hugging,kissing,holding hands,etc) in public?

2. LisaKoski profile image96
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

After things become official, I think it's okay. Depends on how much PDA because some people take it a little too far but if you're just kissing, hugging, and/or holding hands then I think once it's official then it's okay. Usually I start holding hands after a week or two, hugging can come sooner, but kissing should come a little later.

3. hildred profile image78
    hildredposted 6 years ago

I think it's rather strange to be asking about relationship context as opposed to just situational context. There are some situations where PDA would just be inappropriate regardless if you've been married 20 years or just met a week ago. Likewise there are some where I don't care if you've been married 20 years or are on a first date, PDA all you want.

Although now I think you may be asking about your own personal comfort levels with someone else. In which case it would just completely depend on the person I was with.

4. thegecko profile image79
    thegeckoposted 6 years ago

As soon as both parties are comfortable with it smile

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

It's up to the two individuals. For me it is immediately.

6. alisha4u profile image38
    alisha4uposted 6 years ago

According to me, Holding hands, hugging, and a peck on the cheek is Ok and acceptable...
    I don;t appreciate anyone smooching in public...

However, it's a personal choice... Depends on the comfort level of both the parties.. If they feel like, they'll anyways do it.... smile

7. Globetrekkermel profile image75
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

hugging,kissing,holding hands is all pretty normal to me even in public.It's when it goes explicitly and offends other people's senses  that I think it is very inappropriate. I agree, there is always a place and time for everything-that holds true for PDA'S lol!