jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are midlife crisis purchases real? What did you buy if so?

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago

Are midlife crisis purchases real? What did you buy if so?

My sons tell me that I bought my 2012 Dodge Challenger due to midlife crisis. I disagree, I'm not middle age. I just love the car and always have since they came out.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Oh, lord - are they ever real.  I went through a jewelry phase.  Hello, my name is Marcy, and I'm a bauble-holic.  Is there hope for me?

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

Oooooookay!!!  I found myself in the middle of a massive Harley-Davidson showroom, surrounded by all this metal.  And you know what?  I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DRIVE ONE!!!  The salesman said I was small and probably couldn't handle all that power.  So he was trying to convince me to start with a smaller Buel.  Yeah, I could see myself trying to drive one of those Sportsters home.  I didn't even have a motorcycle license. 

Go figure.

But dealership closed about a month after my visit due to the economy tanking and people not being able to avoid their toys.  I snapped out of it and came to my senses.  I won't be buying a motocycle.  I prefer trucks, and I am happy with mine.  It's quite plain, but it is a workhorse.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I don't believe buying any type of car is an indication of a "mid-life crisis". Odds are when you were younger you couldn't afford to make the purchase! Truth be told most people are not driving their "dream cars". To finally be in a position to buy something you always liked or wanted only to deny yourself because of your age is not honoring yourself.

5. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

If you look in my garage, you'll see the beautiful 1967 Avanti that I bot on eBay about 4 years ago.......

6. fiftyish profile image60
    fiftyishposted 5 years ago

I was preparing to get some new teeth smile  No, not the mail order variety (I'm not that old), but some nice porcelain veneers across the top, and a couple of dental implants at the back.

In addition to this, I was looking into ways of perhaps surgically removing my moobs, aka man boobs.  Hey, I've got the biggest jugs in a family of 5 women you know!

And once the old chest was flattened and the teeth once again pearly white, the aim was to look at a new and more hip wardrobe. I was to invest in clothes and footwear that not so much made me look younger, but gave the captain of this sinking ship a smart new look that would make me more appealing to the fairer sex ;-)

Alas that was then and this is now!  My little empire crashed in the middle of 2011 smile So here I now sit with drooping breasts that resemble cows udders, and teeth that remind me of the roots of a garden weed.

Oh well, we'll just have to put mid-life purchases on the back burner until things pick up again, and pick up they will, of that I'm certain ;-)

Andy Aitch

7. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years ago

Seems to me they're real enough when the bill comes in...
    No, I haven't made any purchases - yet.  Unless you want to count my sessions at High Cascade Snowboard Camp for youth.

working