jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever asked a woman when she was due and she wasn't even pregnant?

1. GDiBiase profile image81
    GDiBiaseposted 6 years ago

Have you ever asked a woman when she was due and she wasn't even pregnant?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

No..although I might think it..I would never dare...

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

I have never done that, but I was with a friend who did. We were at the gym, and there was a woman we saw there walking on the treadmill quite often. She was slim except for a pronounced belly, and truthfully, there was no doubt in my mind she was pregnant. But my friend asked when her baby was due, and she said "I'm not pregnant, everybody thinks that, but I'm not," then my friend could not leave bad enough alone, so she said "well that's OK, that happened to me after I had my baby" how old is your baby? By that time the woman was pretty annoyed, she said emphatically, "I don't have any kids!"

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

yes i have and i felt terrible for doing it. i thought she looked pregnant but she wasn't so being the genius that i am i asked her if she had just had a baby and she said she has never been pregnant. for some reason she didn't want to talk to me anymore.

5. RolyRetro profile image84
    RolyRetroposted 6 years ago

No, but I gave up my seat on the tube for a lady I thought was pregnant, she was just very overweight...

I don't think she minded though, at least she got to sit down!

RolRetro (waiting for birth of baby number 4 and Mrs R nearly 2 weeks overdue)

6. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

omg, I had.  I bumped into two women I used to work with in the subway.  I was so excited to see them again.  One of them looked pregnant, so I asked when the baby was due.  She was not pregnant, just gained some weight.  I will never forget the look on her face and on her friend's face.  They both probably wanted to kill me, which was ok by me.  I was so embarrassed, I wanted to die right there and then anyway.  But I didnt, so I just rushed off the subway on the next stop.  No, it wasn't my stop.

7. blaeberry profile image61
    blaeberryposted 6 years ago

Yes, and I felt really terrible about it.  The woman in question was a colleague who had put on a little weight around the middle due to comfort eating after a long-term relationship ended.  She was very thin, so the extra weight really stood out.  i will never raise the subject of pregnancy again unless someone mentions it to me first.

working