jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you feel about being around your friends that cheat on their mates?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image78
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

How do you feel about being around your friends that cheat on their mates?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I don't keep friends that cheat on their mates. If they cheat on someone they value, they will cheat on our friendship as well.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It would be hard for me to remain friends with someone who would cheat on their mate.  Even though the cheating isn't about me, the fact that they cheat on a relationship speaks volumes about their character and I want no part of that lack of integrity.

4. Carrie Terry profile image60
    Carrie Terryposted 5 years ago

I think that cheating is wrong.  From past experiences of hanging out with friends who I knew were cheating, I didn't hang out with them.  They made the vow, they should keep it.  It puts me in an awkward situation, in a way to me it is like I was lyig to the spouse and I didn't like it.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I'm not in a situation like this. However I imagine it comes down to how long you have known the friend, if you know or like their mate at all, are they "dating", living together, or married. For the most part men usually stay in their own lane. If it bothered us we'd just tell them to not talk about it around us. I highly doubt any guy has dumped a good friend because he was cheating on his mate. That's pretty much considered his personal business.

6. Levertis Steele profile image85
    Levertis Steeleposted 5 years ago

Many people who cheat do not usually tell friends who may oppose them. One of my friends told me that she was cheating on her husband. She saw my shock, and I could see that she immediately regretted telling me. We both gradually moved in different directions.

working