jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do yo believe in 'Live-In-Relationships'. Why?

1. taw2012 profile image60
    taw2012posted 5 years ago

Do yo believe in 'Live-In-Relationships'. Why?

2. AudreyCB profile image62
    AudreyCBposted 5 years ago

I don't believe in "live-in relationships" because to me, those involved are skating on their responsibilities. I'm old fashioned in thinking that if you want the sex and intimacy, marry.

I've known several people that have tried live-in relationships (homosexuals and heterosexuals) and living with their "partner" did nothing but end their relationship sooner.

When you live with someone, there are expectations of marriage, even if you're not married. I knew a couple that were together for over 5 years. They were great. Then they got married. Within months, they're relationship disintegrated.

I know that not everyone believes as I do. Many think it's a good thing to "test drive" the merchandise before you buy it. But it's just not biblical; and I've known far too many who've "tested" and have reaped the consequences.

I'm not saying it can't be done either. I know some that have done it and appear to be successful. However, they also hardly ever see each other and the man in the relationship has been unfaithful numerous times throughout their "live-in" arrangement.

1. profile image0
      Starmom41posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with what she ^ said.

3. lucybell21 profile image80
    lucybell21posted 5 years ago

Yes I do, might as well really get to know someone before making a mistake. Things have changed so very much since the old days. The divorce rate seems to get higher every year.

4. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

Yes, absolutely.  It's good to know what you're getting into, and with whom, before taking a plunge into something more permanent.

5. alisha4u profile image39
    alisha4uposted 5 years ago

Yes.. I do. Let me put it like this...  It's always good to take a test ride before buying a car..you know... big_smile

6. TheLifeExperiment profile image59
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Ohhh yes. If you are serious enough to consider marrying someone, you really should live with them for a while first. People act very different in their house than how they act out and about. They can appear really clean, but their house could be a mess. I had a related problem during my first quarter at college- my roommate was nice before I started living with her, but I immediately realized how different she was. She was paranoid that people were stealing her stuff, so she wrote her name on everything, including a couple things of mine! She said she was clean but left dirty dishes out for weeks. She was a very sweet person, but I couldn't stand living with her!

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Absolutely! It's the only way to get an idea of whether or not you could see yourself possibly spending the rest of your live with them.

working