jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Are taller women likely to look down upon their shorter husbands?

1. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Are taller women likely to look down upon their shorter husbands?

Isn’t it rare to see a tall lady slouching over a short man on the dance floor?

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

How can a taller person not look down on a shorter person? Or do you mean figuratively?

Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A better perspective is failure to regard highly, lack respect for.

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"A better perspective?" So is your question, do women married to men shorter than them fail to regard "highly" or respect? I think not. I think there are men who have a hang-up about their ht., but I don't know of any women who judge a man by his ht.

3. Bedbugabscond profile image99
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

According to the book Listening by Andrew Wolvin, tallness is associated with the perception power. Tall women will always look down, as in the direction, on their husbands. Some tall woman learn to distort their body posture to look shorter. Women might perceive a tall women to be more powerful which could make him lass likely to dance in public with her.

Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

sounds funny

4. krillco profile image94
    krillcoposted 5 years ago

Ahhh....as a man of small stature, I can tell you that slow dancing with a tall woman can be a delight!  wink

5. Angela Blair profile image81
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

As a tall woman (5'10" when I was younger and six feet tall with high heels) I assure you it's impossible NOT to look down on folks who are shorter be they male or female. That's just the way that is. The "looking down" is a physical thing entirely and never had anything to do with my friends physical appearance. One of my first loves was 5'6" tall -- when I was in middle school -- and once when attending a dance a rude guy asked him on the dance floor when he was going to get up off his knees. My friend replied "right after I finish proposing to this girl!" I've never forgotten it to this day and we remained friends until his death. One's stature is never a good measure of one's attitude or worth. I've also "looked down" on guys 6'5" -- and never looked back! By the way -- great question!

6. Clive Donegal profile image77
    Clive Donegalposted 5 years ago

Given the difference in their heights, what choice does she have?

working