jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think anger is a healthy emotion?

1. suzzycue profile image93
    suzzycueposted 5 years ago

Do you think anger is a healthy emotion?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

It's been said that "Anger is the mask that Hurt wears".
    Most fights or arguments are about establishing boundaries or a reaction to feeling disrespected. It is healthy to have enough self-esteem to stand up for yourself when you feel you are being mistreated. However it is a detriment if one flies off the handle simply for the sake of trying to intimidate or run roughshod over people.
    If you are fighting a lot with someone it is probably best that you move on. No amount of "communication" or "work" can over come being with someone who does not want what you want.

suzzycueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The anger has to come out sometime and I agree too much is time to move on.

3. suzanno profile image74
    suzannoposted 5 years ago

its said that anger is 1 letter short of danger.so it definitely is not a healthy emotion

I like thatand easy to remember. Thank you Suzanno.

4. alisha4u profile image39
    alisha4uposted 5 years ago

Indeed.....a very healthy and strong emotion.. Sometimes, it might be injurious to those on the recieving end smile

Thanks for your answer Alisha4u.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not at all. Anger gets blood pressure up, can lead to heart attacks. Anger also leads to plenty of eating. Then some lash out, break things. Etc, etc, etc.

6. Angela Kane profile image77
    Angela Kaneposted 5 years ago

Yes I do because it is a natural emotion and reaction to something that is making you angry, but I think you need to make sure that it doesn't get out of hand where you start to get angry for no apparent reason or for simple things.

working