jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it true that the 7th year of a relationship is the most difficult?

1. zsobig profile image84
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

Is it true that the 7th year of a relationship is the most difficult?

In Hungary there is a saying that states that the most difficult year in a relationship is the 7th year (after the first, 3-year milestone). Many people say that this is the time when most couples decide to get married or to break up as a 'result' of this7th, questionable year.
    What do you think?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6839950_f260.jpg

2. profile image55
    kumar24894posted 5 years ago

This can be superstition but if you will be there in the relation if any difficulties occur, then no one can separate you.

3. profile image0
    wwolfsposted 5 years ago

I think that is just a saying and have never believed it to be true. Every year in a relationship can be difficult. I believe it's the balancing of what you give and take that is the deciding factor in how difficult your relationship will be.

4. Lin02 profile image55
    Lin02posted 5 years ago

Really I think every year is the difficult.

5. Rebecca2904 profile image79
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

We also have the expression 'seven year itch' so I think it's probably an international understanding that the seventh year can me make or break for a lot of couples. For me, because it's described as an itch, it just means that after seven years you might start to get a little too comfortable in your relationship and might wonder what else is out there. I think thoughts like that from time to time are quite normal, it's just important that, if you think your relationship is something you want to hang onto for longer, you don't act on any of these feelings.

working