jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can a one night stand turn into love?

1. Felicia Carrillo profile image61
    Felicia Carrilloposted 5 years ago

Can a one night stand turn into love?

I am divorced single mother of two toddlers 2 and 3 years old. Its been hard trying to move on because most men I met run when I say I have kids. My question is, I met this guy I have known him since highschool and we had a one night stand, well thats what I thought it was, he is not afraid of my kids he hasn't left me and its been 4 weeks now. Is this wrong of me? I only feel bad because we had sex right away and its like we just started from highschool.

2. jellygator profile image93
    jellygatorposted 5 years ago

I don't think you need to worry. I write on this topic in my hub http://jellygator.hubpages.com/hub/How- … ationship. On that page, you'll find a link to a recent study that shows that having sex on the first date is actually something that's correlated to marriage!

3. Imogen Dennis profile image61
    Imogen Dennisposted 5 years ago

I don't think that is bad. If he isn't worried about you having children, that can't be a bad sign! Even if you did have sex right away, that doesn't mean that you and this man can't work and that he isn't a good guy! I would say give it a chance and see how things go, you never know what things could lead to!

4. Christofers Flow profile image92
    Christofers Flowposted 5 years ago

"A One Night Stand is a Snap Shot, not a Movie".   But just because it's one of those encounters, it does not mean something might be magic.  After all romance is romance, and mystery... read more

5. gail641 profile image69
    gail641posted 5 years ago

I think that it is possible for a one night stand to turn into love, anything's possible. A one night stand might not turn into love, but there is always the possibility that it could.

6. Jonathan Janco profile image67
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

From what you described it seems that this interaction was already love. It appears as though the two of you already loved each other and both chose to share it with each other. I don't think there is anything to be anxious about. In fact, it sounds like one of those beautiful coincidences. And don't worry, I've been in atleast a few long term relationships where the sexual part of the relationship escalated almost immediately.

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

The pure definition of a one-night stand is two strangers meet and have sex. Afterwards they never see each other again. Since this is a guy you have known since high school that would eliminate the "stranger" element. You state he hasn't left you for 4 weeks. According to what you wrote it sounds like he probably had a crush on you back in high school. Your one-night stand mindset was completely different from his "dream come true" mindset.
    Lots of couples have had sex on the first date and went on to have long-term relationships and even get married. The only way to know if something is "real" is with the passage of time. Best of luck!