jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the key to a successful relationship?

1. Recently Awakened profile image61
    Recently Awakenedposted 5 years ago

What is the key to a successful relationship?

2. Mama Kim 8 profile image92
    Mama Kim 8posted 5 years ago

Communication and compromise! Everything need to be out in the open and discussed until both partners can move on without resentments.

Recently Awakenedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

These are both absolutely necessary. You need to be able have that openness that goes both ways. Well said! Thanks!

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I touch upon this in my book. I believe there are 6 main ingredients to every happy relationship. I use the word (happy) as opposed to "successful" because many people attribute number of years together as the mark of success. I've known couples who hav been "married" for over 20 years and lives in separate quarters of the house. I would not ask them for marital advice. No would I asked the milions of sexless married couples. (On paper) all of them would be considered "successful" based upon the number of years they have stayed together.

The 6 main traits for a happy relationship are in my opinion; (Honesty, Trust, Loyalty, Love & Devotion, Intimacy, and Emotional Security). Take it from me starting off with intimacy and attempting to work backwards seldom works. I expand on this in my hub. http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … phappiness

Recently Awakenedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Those are very good ingrediants to the creation of a happy, successful relationship.  I agree, staying together does not necessarily mean that you have a successful relationship. I will be checking out your hub. Thanks!

working