What are the main "ingredients" of a successful relationship?
Trust, communication, commitment, compassion,and some sacrifices for love
In my opinion, or for me I should say, the most important ingredients of a successful relationship are:
1. Trust. There must be trust, build the foundation on trust, open communication, honesty. Without that trust, I never thought a relationship could grow.
2. Friendship. You have to like someone in order to love them.
3. Communication. Listening to your partner, and hearing what they have to say, just as they should listen to you. A giving circle.
4. Romance. I think this passes so many of us, the simple things of romance, a night out, a love poem, or to just remember to say, I love you, every day.
5. Never go to bed angry. I know this might sound silly, but to try and never let the sun go down on your anger. Have a conflict resolution plan. Think of something that when a disagreement comes up, that will give you both a chance to choose how to end it. Without biting retorts, or sarcastic comments. Never belittle, or say words that you cannot take back.
6. Appreciate the other person. Let them know that you do, show them that you do. Everyone needs praise from time to time, and no one should be taken for granted.
Life is too short!
I read this in a book once about how to get a relationship alive, and would like to share this too.
1. I can be me.
2. You can be you.
3. We can be us.
4. I can grow.
5. You can grow.
6. We can grow together.
Communication, is very important along with trust, acceptance, forgiveness, time,compassion and above all honesty. I waited too long to learn to communicate, and that was what became the end to my relationship. Now I have to learn to forgive myself, take the time to learn to communicate.
Trust.......your partner wishes you no harm
Acceptance....your mate IS different than you
Difference........add to each other's view
Mutual ground......something is shared
Difference.....neat/ sloppy, short/tall
Sharing....the things that make us, "us"
Trust.....your partner wishes you the best
Compassion....your mate will falter.....so will you
difference.....without it, we would be boring.....who wants boring?
Balance........sometimes your needs come first, sometimes your mate's do.........
Just love as you wish to be loved, but you must know, your partner has a different need.
Don't expect your partner to be a mirror of yourself.
I'll say just one word....... Mutual Understanding....
everything is inside this!!!
Accept your partner / lover for what and who they are...dont try to change them.
Share your thoughts
Talk to eachother.........
( I am covering some points over and above some good points others have already covered)
- Absence of bloated Ego.
- Absence of excessive sensitivity to criticism
- Not expecting complements for doing "normally-expected-to-be-done" things
- Capacity to grasp non verbal expression of love
- Mutually comfortable sex
- Respect and good maintenance of relationship with in-laws
- Good sense of humor and a capacity to enjoy humor (that includes making a dig at each other)
- financial discipline
- knowing and accepting clearly who the final decision maker is
- convergent views on ethics and morality
- Not getting influenced by the words and actions of people who may have a hidden agenda to spoil the smooth relationship between the husband and wife.
The final ingredient tends to grow with age and experience. It is a biggie -- Acceptance. Acceptance does not necessarily mean agreement, compliance, or submission Often it is very different. Anyone can accept someone they agree with. Only a loving partner can accept the views of someone they disagree with. Acceptance requires respect and consideration. Now, your partner may hold one or two views that you will never agree with them upon, but if you can recognize and tolerate some differences your relationship will mature.
Trust the first and foremost important ingredient. Without trust a relationship is useless.
Love has to be there as no relationship exist if there is no love
cooperation is almost equally important too.
Understanding is important because it helps you make sacrifice whenever it is necessary.
There is much more than this but the most important thing is to consider yourself one rather than two individuals.
All relationships are successful-when you understand the purpose of a relationship in the first place, then recognize the form thinngs are in, it is simple-in ALL reltaionships you will attract people and events that you "repress" and others express. It is so you will learn more about love. what is love? it is........all life is "frozen light" vibrating at varying resonate frequencies-all light waves are half positive and half negative instaneously complimentary balanced opposites. when you can visit that space for the briefest moments your heart will open and it will change your life forever. Dr. Mike
A full heart and stomach.
Throw in some hanky panky and it's not only a successful relationship but greaaaaaat one!
Trust - the foundation
Acceptance - accepting each other exactly as they are at the beginning and not wanting them to change.
Communication - effective communication skills
Respect ... no respect no relationship.
Trust ... no trust no relationship.
Open Lines of Communication ... if it can be talked about then it should be able to be sorted before things gets out of hand.
Individual Interests ... gives you something to talk about.
by maheshpatwal 6 years ago
What are the things required for a successful or good relationship?
by rikabothra 7 years ago
What is the most important thing for a successful relationship except love?
by Sturgeonl 6 years ago
What are the secrets of a great relationship?
by Nathan K 6 years ago
What's the biggest building block needed for a successful relationship?
by ShanteD 5 months ago
Can you really have a relationship with someone you don't trust.You can love them and want your relationship to work but if you don't trust them can it? Do you give it time and hope for the best?
by StricktlyDating 5 years ago
What's your secret to having a successful relationship?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|