jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What do you think, why do some couples choose adoption, even if they can have th

1. zsobig profile image82
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

What do you think, why do some couples choose adoption, even if they can have their own children?

Like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt did for example.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6963256_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    dunja-88posted 5 years ago

Some of the children live in 3d world countries and are poor. They have no parents and need to get adopted. Some parents do it to get money from the government by adpoting a child and some good people adobt them to give them a better life and good parents.

3. fresh2def05 profile image86
    fresh2def05posted 5 years ago

Maby they just have good in there hearts and are willing to help a less-fortunate child. Angelina and Brad are both millionaire's and have more than enough money to support  a large family.  This is off subject, but did you know that 50% of Angelina Jolie's earnings are donated to charity?  Some people are just kind.

4. NourRifai profile image57
    NourRifaiposted 5 years ago

i guess its because the love .. that feeling when u see a child who's so innocent and cute u feel something in ur heart and u immediatly attache to them .. plus if they are poor you'll be making their life much better

5. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

If someone has a loving and stable relationship, I think it is a wonderful thing to give a good home to someone who was born into a lesser circumstance. I think it takes really special people to adopt.  As far as Pit and Jolie - I can't speak to their circumstances but I would like to believe adoption is done out of generosity and genuine love for children.

6. zsobig profile image82
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

I can understand people who can afford helping others/charities or to adopt one more child who is from a very poor background. But why do some couples do that even before they had their own?
    I am in a relationship for more than 7 years now, but the first thing will always be to have our 'own' (and now I mean biological) child and then start to think about adopting one, if I feel a very close connection to a child who desperately needs a new home and loving family to live in.

7. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

Since there are so many children out there without a home or parents, I can see why some couple would want to adopt even if they are able to have children of their own.  I believe it is a very loving to take a child into your home and raise them as your own.  I myself have thought about the possibility of adopting someday in the future.  Who knows?  Many children would love to have a home and parents like other children.  I love kids, and my heart goes out to those who have to go though situations like some do..............no food, water, parents, friends, ect...............what a difference one couple could make in a child's like if they adopted............

8. Mrs Jil Manning profile image81
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years ago

Its just a very loving thing to do, to give such a gift to a child who is already in the world and needing a loving family.  Thank goodness for people like those who give the gift of a family to people like me whose parents are not able to provide for them.

9. profile image0
    Leela Rainelleposted 5 years ago

Similar to the other comments, I always looked at it as loving the people already in the world. All power to those who want to give a baby, child or teenager the loving family and home they deserve.

10. belleart profile image89
    belleartposted 5 years ago

Maybe they understand that there are enough children in the world, already unloved and un-cared for that need homes and people to love them.  I know that's why I'd do it.

11. innershimmer7 profile image78
    innershimmer7posted 5 years ago

I think it takes great strength to decide to adopt, rather than have your own child.  There are so many children who need a home and food and to grow in a morally safe place.  To give a child who has lost everything your unconditional love, even though your not of the same blood, is an amazing gift.

working