jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do you suppose is your greatest most dreadful mistake? Have you forgiven yo

1. Joe Cook profile image60
    Joe Cookposted 5 years ago

What do you suppose is your greatest most dreadful mistake? Have you forgiven yourself?

Looking back at the skyline of your life, what mistakes swim into your mind?  Only a fool has no regrets right? We all make dreadful errors throughout our life.  We are human after all.  What may I ask is your greatest mistake?  Feel free to be frank and honest - There'll be no judgement on my part and I ask all hubbers to come together in a spirit of understanding and forgiveness....Confess all.....

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7233102_f260.jpg

2. HealthCanada profile image71
    HealthCanadaposted 5 years ago

I'd say that when I was in highschool, I had a best friend (me boy, them: girl, lol)
    We started holding hands to and from school, had lunch together.
    one day she told me she had a secret to tell me after school and she kissed me on the lips, on the way through the halls i seen her before lunch walkng the halls, I wanted to run up behind her, spin her around and kiss her. but i didnt, i guess i was shy and didnt want to spoil the surprise later. i waited after school, but she never showed, i waited and waited until i seen an ambulance and tons of cops cars come and storm the school.
    Turns out a couple of the other girls in the school had accidentally drown her in the girls bathroom giving her a 'swirly'.
    I never got to hear that secret....
    That is one of my regrets

Joe Cookposted 5 years agoin reply to this

wow - what a sad story.

3. KateWest profile image78
    KateWestposted 5 years ago

I don't really tell a lot of people about the very worst thing but ONE of the bad things was hurting two people I was in love with, by trying to be with both of them, instead of being honest with myself - and them. Oh well, live and learn. Hopefully.

Joe Cookposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kate x

4. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

Every day, I live the consequence of a huge mistake I made, which cannot be corrected, namely:  I neglected an opportunity which is no longer available.  Yet I accept God's forgiveness which in effect, is forgiving myself.  Without stating it more clearly, I take every chance I get to steer others into going after the benefit of similar opportunities.

working