jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

If you could take you mate anywhere in the world where would it be?

1. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

If you could take you mate anywhere in the world where would it be?

2. MattMack profile image66
    MattMackposted 5 years ago

My girlfriend and I have been together for more than a year and have lived together for about 6 months.  If I could take her anywhere I would love to take her to Martinez, California where I grew up (ages 6-12).  I haven't been there since I was a young boy and would love to show her the places I went to school and the house I used to live in.

I bet most people would choose a romantic tropical holiday but that wouldn't be as great for us.  When my girlfriend and I fight or have issues it is because we have no money and are in an unfamiliar setting...sounds exactly like a tropical holiday to me!  We get along much better when we are together and learning about each other in a relaxed and engaging way.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Here is the debate. He wants to go to Amsterdam while I would like both of us to visit Germany. Because I will probably pay for the trips, a cruise is first followed by Germany, then finally Amsterdam.

1. MattMack profile image66
      MattMackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well if your paying you get the final say but you don't want him to be sulky or miserable.  I went to Germany and Austria before and really loved it.  Very beautiful place and lots of places to visit.  Your idea sounds like the best of both worlds

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Bora Bora, Tahiti where we'd rent an overwater bungalow with a glass floor watching the beautiful tropical fish swim underneath us. Enjoing a variety of island drinks and relaxing dinners under tiki torches and much much more...

5. profile image0
    Renee Collinsposted 5 years ago

Disney World! Neither of us have ever been and since we have a while before the kids will be old enough to enjoy and remember it, we want to go just the two of us. That way we can do the things we really want to do.

working