jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can you trust your partner if they are always lying?

1. Tashaonthetown profile image88
    Tashaonthetownposted 5 years ago

Can you trust your partner if they are always lying?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I suppose you can trust them to lie! :-)
    The real question is: Why would anyone want to invest their time and emotion in a relationship that lacks honesty? There are 7 billion people on the planet! Surly one could do better than that.
    In my opinion "trust" like "respect" are to be given overtime. A person has to demonstrate honesty and integrity before I would trust them with something as important as my heart. Having said that everyone is entitled to have their own "deal breakers".

3. lockgirl profile image61
    lockgirlposted 5 years ago

Trust is earned and if they are lying always there is no trust .

4. Tmonica profile image61
    Tmonicaposted 5 years ago

If they are always lying then it usually means they have something to hide. The lies just keep going and then they will get caught because they can't remember all they have lied about. I don't know how long you have been with your partner or if you might be asking for someone else but I would say nobody deserves to be lied to and of course there is not trust there because you will never what is true or false.

1. Tashaonthetown profile image88
      Tashaonthetownposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's not a question for me I was curious to know if people actually stay with a lying partner.

5. profile image49
    purpleglendaposted 5 years ago

In my own opinion, NO!
    yes, we need to trust our partner so that we will have a long lasting relationship. But, how can we give our trust to someone if they always lied to us? It's a different story if they always give reasons just to protect themselves. It's okay to defend themselves but in a good way. Saying the truth is the best way to have a long lasting relationship. "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair"

working