jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you show someone you loved, your spouse or partner that you appreciate th

1. alexandriaruthk profile image75
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

How do you show someone you loved, your spouse or partner that you appreciate them?

it is always good to know that one is appreciated, it makes you confident and secure. How do you show appreciation to somebody you love?

2. purl3agony profile image96
    purl3agonyposted 5 years ago

I try to let my husband know that I love and appreciate him as often as possible.  There are a couple of ways I do this:

1.  I send him an email most days, wishing him a good day and telling him I miss him.  On Fridays, I tell him I'm looking forward to spending time with him on the weekends smile

2.  When he's worked hard on a project around the house, I make a point of telling him "thank you" and pointing out what a good job he did, or how good the project looks.

3.  If he's leaving on a trip, I sneak a card into his suitcase or briefcase, and tell him I'm going to miss him, but I hope he has a good time!

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

By making him a special dish that I normally wouldn't touch with a ten foot stick. It really surprises him and makes him happy for two days.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Hopefully overtime you have learned how (he or she) wants to be loved and appreciated. Too often the things we do for our mate are based upon how (we) want to be treated. A hot bubble bath with rose petals and scented candles at the end of a long day may be something a woman might see as an act of love. Her husband or mate might "appreciate" it but it's not likely to fill his heart with joy.
    You have to (know) what (your mate) considers an act of love.
    There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to feeling loved and appreciated. An ex may have liked one thing and your mate today likes another thing.
    My wife enjoys going to her favorite restaurants and having help around the house.

5. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

I give them a great massage to make them feel really good and relaxed.

6. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 5 years ago

I do things for her unexpectedly, like buying her flowers. I always make a point of thanking her when she does something for me so she feels loved.

7. maryshayne profile image66
    maryshayneposted 5 years ago

By hugging him and giving him a quick kiss on his cheeks. Saying "I LOVE YOU" before going to sleep and upon waking up is also a good way to show your appreciation and to show that you care.