jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you feel appreciated by your children or spouse?

1. jagandelight profile image78
    jagandelightposted 7 years ago

Do you feel appreciated by your children or spouse?

2. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Hello my dear, One thing I have always noticed is that every couple or family takes thier loved ones for granted to some extent, I suppose its a comfort thing. We all do it , I believe.

3. plussizepixie profile image67
    plussizepixieposted 7 years ago

My answer would probably depend on what day of the week you ask me like a lot of people.

4. ajuvr profile image67
    ajuvrposted 7 years ago

if you accept positive criticism you ultimately get appreciated

5. Tamar_Georgina profile image58
    Tamar_Georginaposted 7 years ago

No. I made a terrible mistake in the begining by running around after everyone and now its expected all the time. Someone did say to me once.. before you can be respected, you must respect yourself.. and i maybe dont respect myself enough. When i get a thanks or a hug or even a bunch of flowers to say 'thanks mum for all you do' then i may come back and edit this post!

6. mandyf profile image68
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

sometimes...But I love them and I know they love me. So it doesnt really matter

7. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I don't think I need to feel appreciated by my children, just loved. What I do for them is not a matter of wanting to be appreciated. It is a matter of that's what a good mother should do for their children. I do feel appreciated by my husband and he shows it!

8. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Did you expect anyone to answer ....."yes, I am glorified"?

Appreciation, like a gift, is seen best by the eyes of the giver, and not the beholder.  The reciever must look for the intended gift.  It is obvious to the giver.

When my hubby comes to the dinner table, throwing his welder's cap aside, he thinks he is honoring me.

Perhaps, I think, because he has not said, " this is a fine meal", he has not honored me.  I have failed to see that he is relaxed and at home in my presence.

The steaks and potatoes do not know the difference.

9. phiphi profile image59
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

Its depend on work what you did is really capable for appreciation ? If it is then you must get appreciation by your spouse and children as well

10. profile image50
    HisGirl96posted 7 years ago

Thankfully YES.  I am so much more appreciated by my daughters and husband than I ever was (am) by my parents.

11. eddiecarrara profile image95
    eddiecarraraposted 7 years ago

In any relationship, you need to give 100% with expecting nothing in return. If you show appreciation to you spouse and kids, I'm sure you'll be appreciated in return, maybe?

working