jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it normal for a man to spend two to three hours a day in his man-cave?

1. ZipperConstantine profile image80
    ZipperConstantineposted 5 years ago

Is it normal for a man to spend two to three hours a day in his man-cave?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Sure, why not?  I have a craft room and sometimes if I am into a project I will do that same thing.  Seems like there is no harm as long as it isn't an escape from family life or the wife.

3. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

It depends on what you call normal...for many men this is a solitude/escape from everyday life,work, pressure, stress and strife, perhaps even quiet time..it's better than sitting in a bar drinking and killing your liver or getting behind a wheel of a car..We all need a space to call our own...mine is floating on a raft in the pool..listening to music with earphones..so if spening a couple hours a day in his man cave makes him a better husband, father, partner,friend, etc..I say enjoy... and long live the man-cave...

4. livhappy profile image59
    livhappyposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately yes...it is very common for men to not want to spend time with their wives because they usually tend to get sick of each other or don't want to make the effort. So it is common in relationships where the happiness is almost dead...which is most relationships. I suggest if someone is a victim of this then they should go find someone who wants to be around them...as hard as it is, it is important to not settle because you only have one life and you should be picky about who you fill it with.

Closed to reply

working