jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think being nice to others says about yourself?

1. viveresperando profile image75
    viveresperandoposted 5 years ago

What do you think being nice to others says about yourself?

At what point do you think it can be destructive and why?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

If someone is unhappy with the outcome in their relationships concerning others it is important to remind one’s self that they have no control over how others think or act. You can only control your actions. The most important relationship you will ever have is the one with yourself. One must do some introspective thinking to determine what it is they want and need from a relationship or friendship (before) they (choose) a mate or friend. Once you know what it is you want you must exercise the self-discipline of sticking to your own “shopping list”.
    It has often been said: “You are responsible for your own happiness.” However rarely has it been explained how to actively take the reigns of one's life in connection with others.  The biggest obstacle most people have is they put the focus on (others) for causing them unhappiness! This places them in a position of “weakness”.  As I mentioned you can’t control other people.
    Your power comes from making your choices with complete awareness. Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse. If you are unhappy in a relationship and (choose) to stay; then (you) are (choosing) to remain unhappy. You get to (choose) who you will spend your time with!
    Being nice to others says that you are a warm and kind individual. Most people will reciprocate your kindness with kindness and there are those that may see you as being weak or as a target to take advantage of. Only (you) can decide if you are being “nice” to the (wrong) people. I talk about this in my book: My Cat Won’t Bark! (A Relationship Epiphany). If you want something different (you) have to do something different. If you don’t feel free to be yourself with someone then you either need to stop being around them or adjust your behavior when you do encounter them. Know yourself, Love yourself, and Trust yourself.
    It's your life. Take the wheel!

1. viveresperando profile image75
      viveresperandoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I truly believe we are responsible for our happiness.  There is something which we do not control but then we can control our response.  You always leave me thinking.  Thank you.

3. number2son profile image61
    number2sonposted 5 years ago

It is good to be nice to others.  The point when it becomes destructive, is when it is not the right thing to do, whether that is because being nice to the person, is actually not nice to them, or just because you shouldn't in that situation.

working