jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Happy Valentines Day!

1. Cristale profile image86
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Happy Valentines Day!

How do you know you are in love?

2. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

If you gotta ask....you're not! Once you are there, you know it.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You made me smile! Great answer, Jim

2. lupine profile image74
      lupineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

JimTX - You make a lot of sense.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

You know you are in love when this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. If you could only be with one person she/he would be the one you'd choose.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

You know when you are in love when you can't stop thinking of your partner day and night. Besides that, your heartbeat pound harder and faster than usual whenever you meet him/her or hear his/her voice.

5. reddview profile image82
    reddviewposted 5 years ago

you dont know ur in love until you lose the person !

6. MissJamieD profile image71
    MissJamieDposted 5 years ago

I am in love right now, for the first time (true love) in my 36 years. We knew we were in love because from the day we met we couldn't stop looking into each others eyes with such intensity that the rest of the world just stopped. The feeling in your stomach and the rest of your body is so unlike any other feeling you'll ever experience, you cannot mistake it for anything else. Him and I have been together a year in April and we haven't went one day without talking to each other since. We do everything and anything we can for each other, we listen, we communicate, we share, we laugh, we live. Together. He and I have such a magnetism between us that we literally have trouble looking into each others eyes for too long without having to touch one another. Not necessarily sexually (which, btw is beyond any fantastical imagination in the history of forever) but it's a spiritual/emotional/mental connection that is undeniable. I've had two loves in the past, one I was married to for 15 years, the other I was engaged to for 2 years (in my late teens, early twenties) and the love I had for them was nothing compared to this. Maybe it's due to life experience, maybe it's because I wasn't looking for love when it "happened", I don't know. All I do know is that he and I are each others' first actual true love. Like I said, it's beyond anything you can imagine unless you've experienced it. When you find it, you'll know:) Happy Valentine's Day

7. paulynice roldens profile image73
    paulynice roldensposted 5 years ago
  8. manatita44 profile image85
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

When you stop looking for answers in spite of being in a stable relationship. When you stop feeling lonely or awake with fears and worry about tomorrow. When you are possessed by a burning desire to offer up your life as a sacrifice for others without fear, and yet see the need for wanting to live, if only to serve.

When unconditional service gives you tremendous joy, and Something prompts you to offer it to us humans anyway, without conditions, even if we spitefully use you and remain ungrateful.
    When there is no bartering and your only aspiration is to love for love's sake with calmness, equanimity, serenity and purpose, and maintaining this state even if bombs or disasters were happening all around you. When you seek nothing for your yourself but to do God's Will, whatever She asks.
    Please don't tell me that this is impossible, or the men and women of God would  have come in vain. Happy Valentines!!

9. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 5 years ago

When that person still makes you smile, when you are happy to see them eventhough you have been together a long, long time.

10. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, when You don't notice other women as much.
    Although you can't help noticing a beautiful woman when one walks by, when you're in love, some of them tend to slip under the radar, while others just pale in comparison to her. Furthermore, you don't seem to be flirting half as much as you used to.

You are slowly realizing that she's often the only woman in the room that matters, and, for some reason, that suits you just fine.