jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What causes insecurities in a relationship?

1. soconfident profile image85
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

What causes insecurities in a relationship?

2. Olga Rodionova profile image59
    Olga Rodionovaposted 5 years ago

Maybe the fact that, even in a relationship, humans stay lonely? Don't know. I'm a pessimist today.

3. KellyG05030 profile image73
    KellyG05030posted 5 years ago

I'm a firm believer in constant communication within a relationship.  A lot of insecurity comes from wondering what people around you are thinking, feeling, etc... Not only talking but also listening plays such a huge role in any successful relationship in my mind.

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image57
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

The number one cause for insecurity in relationships is the thought or belief that the person (you) love does NOT love you with the (same depth) or is not as commited to the relationship as you are.
    We tend to go by what they say or don't say, do or don't do. If she or he really loved me they would or wouldn't do.....etc
    Fear of loving someone more than they love you leads to lack of trust and insecurity!

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image57
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

Lack of mutual trust and understanding.
    Both the partners should listen to each other calmly and try to identify each others problems and grievances.
    Over possessiveness and over expectation  can be other important reason from either side.
    Each partner should be given their own space as well. One does not have to keep on telling, ' I love you', every time, but some kind of act can be done, so that a feeling of reassurance is felt, that the sincerity is there in relationship.
    It takes a lot of time and effort to build relationships, so each partner must value it.