jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If all women decided not to get pregnant for one year, how would the country cha

1. BkCreative profile image69
    BkCreativeposted 4 years ago

If all women decided not to get pregnant for one year, how would the country change?

2. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 4 years ago

Nice! I have no idea what kind of ripple effect that would cause. I wonder if it would go unnoticed or if it would be a big change made. Huh....I'll be thinking about this for a while. ha!

3. lburmaster profile image81
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Catholic men would not be happy. All the testosterone might lead to a bad result. But that would be interesting. How would the woman respond? I'm not sure. School's would miss an entire school year. Colleges would panic because they would lose money for one year. A couple of companies would suffer.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

There would less disposable diapers in land fills! Less people requiring medical attention as pregnancy requires a great deal of prenatal care as well as after birth visits for both mother and child.
    On the other hand it would have some negative economic effects on businesses that develop products for infants( high chairs, car seats, cribs, diapers, baby food, baby wipes, infant clothing, formula, bottles, baby shower invitations and party supplies) These companies would have massive layoffs.
    At some point in time there would be a year gap in students enrolling in school. Once the kids that were born the year before go from kindergarten to first grade there will not be a group of kids to follow them immediately which means some teachers will probably be laid off, nursery school closings, and so on.

5. yoginijoy profile image72
    yoginijoyposted 4 years ago

I love this question-so creative! I think this would be a model for the planet. When the Earth balances out from less people making demands on Her (probably more than one country would have to skip child-bearing for more than one year!) we would have healthier air, healthier soil and over-all less natural disasters. That's what I think would happen.