jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does it mean anything that my ex has told her husband nothing about me?

1. Syrusv37 profile image88
    Syrusv37posted 4 years ago

Does it mean anything that my ex has told her husband nothing about me?

So my ex of two years called me today for the first time in...let's just say a long time. I found out her new boyfriend (of less than a year) whom she married knows nothing about me. She says she has told him nothing. I, on the other hand, have told my girlfriend all about her. Does this mean anything when an ex doesn't tell her significant other ANYTHING about the previous relationship? I mean, it kinda made me feel crappy, considering she was also the one to break up with me.

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

It doesn't typically mean anything from my perspective. My husband barely mentions his ex's. If I do hear about them, it's rare. The most I know is about the girl before me that he dated for five years. However, as your ex is female, she might not want to tell her bf that she's bi if he is religious. It might make you feel crappy, but it doesn't have to do with you. It has to do with her current relationship and her decision.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

If you are "happy" with your girlfriend you shouldn't care if your ex talks about you to her husband. The past is the past.
    Maybe her husband never asked her questions regarding her previous relationship. Lots of guys have no interest in hearing about the previous lovers their wives had.
    It sounds like what is really bothering you is your ex dated you for two years and dumped you only to turn around and (marry) another guy whom she knew for less than a year. Either way if you were madly "in love" with your current girlfriend  you wouldn't be thinking about this.

4. gitachud profile image90
    gitachudposted 4 years ago

I think she has a very good reason for not telling her current husband about you- she probably does not want to make him feel insecure. She has moved on and would like her relationship to grow to a point where she can give him such info. At the moment it would be unwise of her to do anything to ruin her current relationship- what would she fall back on if she did that?